|Tomato Soup -Creamy and Delicious, A Spring Time Classic!|
Vitamix Spring Recipe: Classic Tomato Soup
Now that the cold weather is behind us, it's time to look forward to everything spring has to offer from the trees blooming to the birds chirping. As is often the case, this time of the year may show rapid swings in temperature and weather patterns may be erratic and you're often left wondering what might be appropriate for dinner depending on the weather. The classic tomato soup is never a wrong choice and it's very simple to make in your Vitamix, just follow our easy recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups water.
- Five (5) to six (6) fresh, diced tomatoes (any variety) or one (1) 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes.
- One (1) medium sized carrot.
- 2.6 oz package of oil packed, sun dried tomatoes.
- Two (2) tablespoons peeled, diced onion
- One (1) garlic clove, peeled
- Two (2) tablespoons of fresh thyme springs (leaves only if springs are woody and thick.)
- One (1) teaspoon fresh oregano
- One (1) tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon flax meal
- 1/2 cup whole milk, unsweetened plain almond milk, or rice milk. Room temperature.
- Place all of the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid tightly.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn Machine On and Slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to high.
- Blend for 6 minutes 30 seconds, using tamper only if needed, until mixture is hot and steam is seen escaping the vent on the lid. Serve.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
LIMITED TIME OFFER
- Buy a VITAMIX TURBOBLEND, or VITAMIX PROFESSIONAL 200 SERIES BLENDER and get a free $40 JL Hufford gift card!
- Buy a VITAMIX PROFESSIONAL SERIES 300 (RED or ONYX), or VITAMIX PROFESSIONAL SERIES 750 BLENDER and get a free $50 JL Hufford gift card!