|Buttermilk Cornmeal Waffles|
Used in this Recipe:
Buttermilk Cornmeal Waffles
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup finely ground cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 ¾ cup of buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Nonstick cooking spray - Butter and maple syrup
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla.
3. In a medium-size bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold soft peaks.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients while gently mixing. Then fold the egg whites into the batter.
5. Coat both sides of the waffle iron grid with nonstick spray. Pour the batter into the waffle iron grid, close the lid, and cook until golden brown. 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Remove the waffle. To keep it warm, place in on a wire rack in the oven. Repeat step 5 to make the rest of the waffles.
7. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
By: Daniel Shumski, Creator of Waffleizer.com