|Herb-Crusted Rib Roast|
Used In This Recipe
- Le Creuset 6.75 Quart Oval French (Dutch) Oven *LIMITED EDITION BLACK COLOR*
Herb-Crusted Rib Roast
Ingredients:- 1 (4-pound) boneless rib roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, peels removed
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup beef stock
- 8 ounces shiitake, baby bella or oyster mushrooms
- 3 cups Swiss chard, rinsed and torn into 2-inch pieces
Directions (for Roast):
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the rib roast in the Dutch oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, rosemary, thyme, 1/2 cup butter and parsley. Pulse until all ingredients are combined into a paste. Spread the paste evenly over the roast about 1/4-inch thick. Bake 2 hours 20 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 145 F for medium rare.
Directions (for Mushrooms and Wilted Greens):
- Remove the roast from the Dutch oven and set aside, keeping warm. Pour excess grease into a container to discard.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the pan over medium-high heat. Scrape any brown bits off the bottom. Add beef stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce by a third.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, then the mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms are soft. Add greens and saute until glossy and wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Return the roast to the Dutch oven and serve.