|Olive Parmesan Bread|
Used in this Recipe:
Olive Parmesan Bread
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- cup of grated Parmesan, plus 1/4 cup finely grated
- 7 ounces of Kalamata olives, halved
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Mix flour, yeast, salt and 1 cup of water until combined.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, 1 cup of grated Parmesan, and olives and mix thoroughly
- Form the dough into a round shape and place it in a bowl that has been brushed with olive oil and dusted with flour.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until it has tripled in size, abut 3-4 hours.
- Brush the French Oven with olive oil or butter, and place the dough in the center.
- Brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375°F, bake until golden brown and internal temperature is 200°F
- Remove from oven and allow the bread to rest in the French oven for 20 minutes to cool.