|Strawberry Orange Mini Trifles|
Used In This Recipe:
- Le Creuset Mini Cocoette or All-Clad Stainless Steel Cocoette
- Le Creuset 1.75 Quart Saucepan - Limited Edition Black Color
Strawberry Orange Mini Trifles
- 1/3 Cup Strawberry Preserves
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1/3 cup orange juice; divided
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lb. Fresh pound cake
- In saucepan, heat the strawberry preserves and 2 tablespoons orange juice until melted into a liquid.
- Place the strawberries in a medium bowl. Pour melted preserves over the strawberries and toss well. Check for sweetness and add sugar if necessary.
- Pour cream into a large bowl. With an electric mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- With a biscuit cutter, cut pound cake into 12 rounds. Brush each round with remaining orange juice
- Assemble mini-trifles in Cocoettes. Place one cake round on the bottom, followed by marinated strawberries, then whipped cream. Repeat once more.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, overnight preferably.