|Kale & Chedder Omelet|
Used in this Recipe:
Kale & Cheddar Omelet
- 1/4 cup of red onion, diced
- 2 cups of kale, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 strip of lean bacon
- 2 eggs
-2 tablespoons of water or milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of shredded Havarti cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Toss the kale with the red onion and olive oil.
- Heat a Swiss Diamond crepe pan over medium heat and cook the bacon until crispy. Chop it into small bits.
- Add the kale and onion to the pan and saute for about 5-10 minutes or until the onion is soft and the kale has changed to an intense shiny green.
- Remove from heat and set aside. Wipe off the crepe pan to remove excess grease.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with two tablespoons of water or milk until the white is fully mixed in. Sprinkle in salt and pepper and whisk a little longer.
- Gently reheat the pan until warm. Pour the eggs in, and sprinkle with the kale mixutre, the bacon, and the cheeses.
- Cook until the chees is melted and the eggs are mostly set.
- With a spatula, flip half of the omelet over onto the other side and let cook for just a couple of minutes to finish cooking the eggs.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate and serve.