Used in this Recipe:
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) molasses
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (130 g) margarine
- 1/3 cup (67 g) cinnamon sugar
- Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, combine flours, ginger, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Place egg, molasses, sugar, and margarine into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
- Add the liquid mixture from the Vitamix container to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to incorporate. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a #40 scoop, scoop dough and roll into a 1-inch (2.5 cm) ball between your hands. Roll each ball in the ground cinnamon sugar and place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the tops are rounded and slightly cracked.