- 1 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- In a Swiss Diamond HD 10" Fry Pan, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; crumble and drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, sugar, seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile; in a large bowl, combine eggs and parsley. Stir in the cottage cheese, ricotta and Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Once the sauce is finished cooking, spread 1 cup of meat sauce in a Swiss Diamond HD Roasting pan, 12.5" x 10" ungreased
- Layer with three noodles, provolone cheese, 2 cups cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup mozzarella, and repeat until you are out of noodles (about 4 layers)
- Top with meat sauce and mozzarella (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.