|Lightened up Egg's Benedict|
Used in this Recipe:
Lightened Up Egg's Benedict
- tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces turkey Canadian bacon (approx. 8 slices)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Toss asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out onto a Swiss Diamond baking sheet, along with the sliced turkey Canadian bacon. Put in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Turn off the oven.
- Preheat a Swiss Diamond skillet over medium heat. Add the 4 eggs and season with salt and pepper to taste. When browned on the bottom, flip gently if desired.
- Prepare the Hollandaise sauce: In a Swiss Diamond saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat until melted. Add the flour and whisk gently until combined.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low. Remove saucepan from heat and immediately whisk in the egg yolks, one at a time, whisking constantly to prevent them from lumping.
- Return to heat and slowly add lemon juice, whisking constantly until smooth and combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place warm Canadian bacon and asparagus on a whole wheat English muffin half. Top with a fried egg and Hollandaise sauce.