|Brioche Sausage Dressing|
Brioche Sausage Dressing with Mushrooms, Sherry, and Herbs
- 1 pound ground mild breakfast sausage
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 12 cups brioche, large dice (about 3 loaves)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a Dutch oven, cook breakfast sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Remove the sausage and set aside. Leave the rendered fat in the pan.
- Add the sweet onion, celery and garlic to the rendered fat, and cook until translucent and the aromatics have been released. Add the mushrooms and saute until slightly browned.
- Add sherry to deglaze the pan, scraping any browned bits off the bottom.
- Remove the Dutch oven from the heat. Add the rice and stir to combine.
- Add stock, the reserved sausage, brioche and chopped herbs to the mixture, and combine thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for another 20 minutes, or until the brioche is golden brown.