|Butternut Squash Soup|
Butternut Squash Soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 4 cups peeled, seeded and chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Remove from heat and cool slightly. Use an immersion blender to puree, or puree in a traditional blender in batches.
Return soup to the stove and reheat over low heat. Add cream and maple syrup, and season with sea salt and pepper.