|Creamy Tomato Barley|
Used in this Recipe:
Creamy Tomato Barley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups quick-cook barley
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 8 cups mustard green leaves or spinach, torn into pieces
- 2 ounces Brie (rind removed), cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 oz.)
- Heat the oil in a Swiss Diamond HD Induction 11" Braiser over medium heat. When the oil is warm, add the onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the barley, tomatoes, wine and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the barley is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the mustard greens, Brie, and ¼ cup of the Parmesan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide among bowls and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan.