|Sweet Potato Pie|
Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 cup (240 ml) egg substitute
- ½ cup (120 ml) honey
- 3 ½ cups (1.1 kg) cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 (9-inch) (23 cm) unbaked whole wheat pie shells
- Heat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place milk, large egg substitute, honey, sweet potatoes, salt, ground cinnamon, ginger, and cloves into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 15 to 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into three 9-inch (23 cm) unbaked pie shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Bake for 40 minutes.
- Filling will be soft but firms up as it sets and cools. Chill and serve.