In recent months, the health trend of smoothie bowls has taken off. Smoothie bowls offer protein, fruits, veggies, and other nutrients first thing in the morning. They are easy and relatively quick to make, and are substantial enough to keep you full until lunch. This week we gave smoothie bowls a try. Check out the recipe, courtesy of Vitamix.com, below.
- 6 oz. apple juice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen Sambazon Acai Berry Superfruit Pack, broken into pieces
- 1 frozen banana, halved
- 2 cups chopped kale, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
1. Place all ingredients into theVitamix container in the order listed and secure lid
2. Select Variable 1
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase to Variable 10
4. Blend for 45 seconds
5. Serve in desired container and add selected toppings (we used granola and fresh berries)
This was a big hit around the office! Many were shocked that this smoothie bowl contained both matcha and kale. The berries added just enough natural sweetness to add flavor without a ton of calories or fat. The smoothie bowl kept you full and satisfied! I would overall reccommend that you give this recipe a try! This could easily take the place of your normal morning breakfast and will keep you full until lunch time. Add protein powder for additional nutrients.
- Vitamix Professional Series 750 Heritage Blender (https://www.jlhufford.com/Vitamix-Professional-Series-750-Heritage-59326-p/vitamix-professional-750.htm)
- The Republic of Tea Green Matcha Powder - Loose Ground (https://www.jlhufford.com/Republic-of-Tea-Green-Matcha-Powder-Loose-Tin-p/republic-10051.htm)